Trucking industry writers and editors have named the top five technical achievements of 2015.
The winner of the Truck Writers of North America Technical Achievement Award will be announced at the Industry Awards Luncheon at the Technology & Maintenance Council on March 2.
Each year, the association’s Technical Achievement Award committee, a panel of editors representing the industry’s major publications who rank components or systems nominated by TWNA members, chooses five award finalists. To be eligible, a product or service has to show technical innovation, have a wide applicability and availability in trucking, and offer significant benefits.
The top five finalists for the 2015 TWNA Technical Achievement Award include:
- Detroit Assurance safety system from Daimler Trucks North America
- Eaton Procision 7-speed medium-duty automated manual transmission
- Meritor WABCO SmartTrac automatic trailer lift axle control system
- Phillips Industries LITE-SENTRY trailer-chassis light monitoring system
- Silver Eagle Manufacturing T-Dolly adjustable trailer converter dolly
Other finalists for the 2015 TWNA Technical Achievement Award were Volvo Trucks Adaptive Loading 6×2 liftable axle, Trucker Path navigational assistance and load sourcing app, Thermo King ThermoLite Solar Panels and the Rotavan RG-3 swiveling trailer kingpin.
The Truck Writers of North America Technical Achievement Award was first presented in 1991 to Grote Industries for its red LED marker lamp and has since been awarded annually. The winner of the 2014 award was Aperia Technology’s Halo automatic tire inflation system.