TORONTO, Ont. – It was business before pleasure for the Toronto Transportation Club (TTC). The TTC held its Annual General Meeting at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre before the evening gala – which voted in a new executive committee and board.
The board voted and has elected the executive committee for 2014:
Peter J Collins -Director National Accounts & Business Development, Multivans Inc. – Elected to the Position of PRESIDENT.
Tim Roulston – Director of Sales Intermodal Wholesale, CN Rail – Elected to the position of 1st Vice President.
Lori McCreight, Chief Financial Officer, Maritime-Ontario Freight Lines Limited - Elected to the position of 2nd Vice President.
John Foss – Account Manager, Trailcon Leasing Inc. will remain on the executive committee as immediate Past President.
The AGM was followed by the Club’s annual dinner where The Toronto Transportation Club celebrated its 100th Annual Dinner. The “Platinum Ball” held at the Metro Convention Centre was attended by over 1200 industry professionals and dignitaries who helped celebrate this milestone evening.
Present at the head table were Her Worship Hazel McCallion mayor of Mississauga – one of the longest serving elected leaders in history; Councillor Mark Grimes, Toronto City Council Ward 6 Etobicoke-Lakeshore and over fifty transportation leaders and past presidents.
Keynote speaker Canadian astronaut Commander Chris Hadfield intrigued the crowd with tales of his exploits enhanced by a spectacular visual presentation of some of his record setting space journeys. He followed up his presentation by joining the live music entertainment Classic Albums Live and opening their set with his rendition of David Bowie’s “Space Oddity”.
2013 was a landmark year for the club. While celebrating its 100th Anniversary year long, they announced the addition of a second $6,000.00 dollar scholarship, had a record year for event attendance, grew membership to almost 1,000 members and received two awards from Transportation Clubs International for having the largest membership in North America and for being the oldest transportation club in North America.
The club recognized Mike McCarron, Mergers & Acquisitions Wheels Group with the “Board of Directors Award” in recognition of his continual support, generosity and guidance to the club. CN Rail received the “Platinum Standard Recognition Award” for outstanding contribution and participation. Accepting on behalf of CN Rail was Chief Marketing Officer JJ Ruest.
The 2014 board of the Toronto Transportation Club includes the following industry leaders:
- Brad Bowering, Sr. District Sales Manager, Central Region, Peterbilt of Canada
- Kathy Cartan, President, Motive Media Ltd.
- Gary Fast, Associate Vice President, Transportation Operations, Canadian Tire Ltd.
- Joe Glionna, Director, Newcom Business Media Inc.
- Eric Carusi, General Manager, TPT Systems, Div. of Transpro Freight Systems
- Brad Carter, General Manager Sales & Marketing China Shipping (Canada) agency Co. Ltd.
- Mike Fontaine, General Manager C.H. Robinson Company (Canada) Ltd.
- Mary Clarke, Manager, Cargo Domestic Sales, Air Canada
- Cynthia Nagamatsu, Vice President, Commercial Client Services Hargraft Schofield LP
- Ted Brown, Executive Vice President of Muir’s Cartage and Indis Inc. Calx
- James Mitton, Vice President, National Accounts Apps Transport Group
- Tim Boyce, Group VP Sales & Marketing, The Wheels Group
- Brian Wright, Director or Sales, Canadian Pacific Intermodal