VANCOUVER, B.C. -- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers is hosting the third annual Corporate Kids Challenge and live charity auction this Saturday to raise money for KidSport BC.
Among the donated auction items at this year’s event are a 1983 Excalibur vintage collector's car (valued at $50,000), a NASCAR dream trip with Cameron Hayley, and a Vancouver helicopter tour. Last year, the one-day fundraising event raised more than $530,000 for KidSport BC, which helps underprivileged children participate in organized sports.
"At Ritchie Bros. we believe in doing what is right and having fun," added Peter Blake, CEO of Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers and Ritchie Bros. Corporate Kids Challenge team member. "KidSport does the right thing everyday by making sure there are no kids left on the sidelines – we are proud and honoured to be able to help an organization like this one."
This year's event will feature Olympic athletes and local celebrities participating in a sports day challenge on various corporate teams. Twenty-two corporate sponsor teams of 10-15 members will don their best Canadian 80's gear while competing against each other in athletic challenges.
Participants will include:
- Ryan Cochrane - Two time Canadian Olympic medal winner in long distance swimming;
- Cindy Klassen - Canada's most decorated Olympian, holding six medals in long track speed skating;
- Denny Morrison - Canadian Olympic gold medalist in long track speed skating;
- Carol Huynh - Two time Canadian Olympic medal winner in freestyle wrestling;
- Tommy Europe - Two time all-star defensive back in the CFL and host of TV's "The Last 10 Pounds Bootcamp", "Bulging Brides" and "Tommy Europe Fitness"; and
- Davis Sanchez - Retired NFL and CFL cornerback.
The unreserved auction will take place after the sports challenge at 5:30 p.m. Registration to bid is free. To bid, visit the event live at Ritchie Bros.’s head office (9500 Glenlyon Parkway in Burnaby), go online using Ritchie Bros.' online bidding service at www.rbauction.com, or place a proxy bid ahead of the auction via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.