MILTON, Ont. – February 1 marks the official opening of the 2016 Private Motor Truck Council of Canada’s awards season.
Every year, PMTC partners with member companies to celebrate the best in trucking through the presentation of awards that recognize excellence in trucking. The awards are presented during the Annual Conference at Kingbridge Conference Centre, King City, Ontario on June 16- 17. Competition entry forms and information are available online at www.pmtc.ca starting Feb. 1.
The 2016 awards program includes:
- The Vehicle Graphics Design Awards competition, co-sponsored by 3M Canada’s Commercial Graphics Divisions, to recognize fleets and design companies who graphically enhance their vehicles
- The Hall of Fame for Professional Drivers co-sponsored by Huron Services Group to recognize superior over the road performance of drivers.
- The Private Fleet Safety Awards, co-sponsored b MEE to recognize private truck fleets most committed to safety improvement, especially where they exceed National Safety Code requirements.
- The Professional Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver Training Scholarship where the PMTC will award a PMTC Member with a Professional Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver Training Scholarship which will cover the costs for the recipient to complete a full Training Program through KRTS, or another registered training provider should the candidate be from outside of Ontario.
- The PMTC Young Leader Education Bursary Award where the PMTC will award two PMTC Young Leaders an Education Bursary, which will cover the costs for the recipient to complete two of the four courses that are required to complete the “PMTC Logistics Management Graduate Program.” PMTC says the award will help promote investment in the training needs of the future young leaders of our great industry.