The Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA) has announced a new executive committee of the Board of Directors for 2014-2016 today.
With Mark Seymour, CEO of Kriska Transportation, as chairman, the rest of the officers are as follows:
- 1st Vice Chairman: Gene Orlick, President, Orlicks Transport Inc., Calgary, AB.
- 2nd Vice Chairman: Scott Smith, President, J.D. Smith & Sons Limited, Vaughan, ON.
- Treasurer: Ed Malysa, President & COO, Trimac Transportation Ltd., Calgary, AB.
- Secretary: Gord Peddle, President, Altantica Diversified Transportation Systems, Mt. Pearl, NF.
The at-large members are:
- Jean-Claude Fortin, President, J.E. Fortin Inc., St-Bernard-de-Lacolle, QC
- Tom Payne, President, Payne Transportation LP, Winnipeg, MB
- Murray Scadeng, President, Triton Transport Ltd., Langley, BC
- Gord Smith, President, Manitoulin Transport Inc., Gore Bay, ON
All former CTA chairmen (still active in the industry) and top staff executives for each provincial trucking association still have a seat on the executive committee, as does David Bradley, president and CEO of the alliance.
Bradley thanks the CTA’s past chairman, Don Streuber, (President, Bison Transport, Winnipeg, MB) “for his leadership and support of the alliance over the past two years. Don has guided CTA through the after effects of the recession and a busy policy agenda. He was the founding chairman and remains a key participant on the CTA Blue Ribbon Task Force on the Driver Shortage. He has played a significant role and we look forward to his ongoing contribution.”