WINNIPEG, Man. – Drivers from Manitoba got to show off their skills and win some impressive titles at this year’s provincial Professional Truck Driving Championships.
The day showcased the best in the biz, as drivers faced-off in five different classes to earn the top spot after they competed in a written test, a pre-trip inspection station and a driving track.
The winners, announced later that evening at the banquet, are as follows:
- Straight Truck: Matthias Pieper (Bison Transport)
- Single-Single: Brian Hrabarchuk (Canadian Freightways)
- Single-Tandem: Ronald Poirier (TST Overland Express)
- Tandem-Tandem: Denis Roberts (TST Overland Express)
- Super B Train: Ken Wiebe (EBD Enterprises)
These winners now make up the provincial team who will compete at the National Truck Driving Championships in Quebec this September.
Other event winners were:
- J.O. Dutton Award: Ken Wiebe (EBD Enterprises)
- First Time Entrant: Jerry Brodoway (Searcy Trucking)
- Team Award: Bison Transport
- Bjornson Memorial: Ken Wiebe (EBD Enterprises)
- Grand Champion: Denis Roberts (TST Overland Express)