TORONTO, Ont. – The Ontario Trucking Association has found a group of leaders to steer the newly-established LEAD (Leadership, Education and Development) committee to ‘drive awareness, engage, inspire and develop the next generation of young professionals in the trucking industry.’
The committee held its first meeting Feb. 3 and was led by OTA executive member David Carruth, who will sit on the LEAD committee as a mentor.
“My initial meeting with the group leads me to believe the industry is well-stocked with bright individuals who are willing to invest in themselves through continued education and personal development to become better leaders,” Carruth said, “and to encourage other young talent to do the same.”
Committee members were selected based on their participation in the OTA’s Next Generation program, employment with an OTA member in good standing and approval through an OTA executive process.
The committee will report to the OTA board on what initiatives it intends to pursue, organize LEAD social and networking events and develop outreach strategies to engage future managers and executives in the industry. Its initial focus will be on developing branding and marketing strategies for LEAD executive education programs and revamping OTA’s Next Generation Certificate program.
Ryan Tilley of the Tandet Group was selected as a carrier representative, while John Foss of Trailcon Leasing will represent supplier members.
“I am truly excited to be a part of the LEAD committee,” said Tilley. “This group signals a clear commitment from both carrier partners and allied trades on the educational development of their future leaders. We have a great team that is engaged in the continued development of a program that focuses on improving both leadership and business skills.”
“The LEAD committee will implement a collaborative design model which will ensure that the program will hit the mark with topics and content,” Foss added. “The committee will work together to build our Next Gen program to be a comprehensive plan to engage emerging leaders. We want to attract, develop and promote young leaders in our industry and the OTA.”
LEAD committee members include:
· John Foss, Account Manager, Trailcon Leasing Inc.
· Ryan Tilley, Operations Manager, Tandet Group
OTA board representative and LEAD mentor:
· David Carruth, CEO, Ontario New-England Express Inc.
LEAD committee members:
· Sue Ann Corrighan, Manager Credit and Collections, Tandet Group
· Laura Davis, Account Manager, TransCore Link Logistics
· Cody Hall, Operations, J&R Hall Transport
· Lance LePage, Operations Manager, Harland Veinotte Ltd.
· Joe Lombardo, Director, Transportation and Terminals Operations, Purolator Inc.
· Alex MacKinnon, Chief Operating Officer, MacKinnon Transport
· Tyler Markle, Operations Supervisor, Premier Bulk Systems
· Jacquie Meyers, President, Meyers Transport
· Liam O’Briain, District Manager, Kee Human Resources
· Reagan Seymour, Dispatch/Planner, Kriska Transportation
· Joel Shaw, Truck Sales Manager, Navistar Canada
· Melissa Skelton, Director of Operations, Skelton Truck Lines
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data