OTTAWA, Ont. — Trucking HR Canada has announced the winners of its second annual Top Fleet Employers program, recognizing 22 carriers that offer the best workplaces in Canada’s trucking industry.
Participating fleets were rated on: compensation, employee recognition, lifestyle, employee engagement, wellness, professional development and recruitment/retention. Organizers say they also looked at carriers’ involvement in charitable or environmental initiatives, since both are particularly valued by Generation Y employees.
- Atlantica Diversified Transportation Systems Inc. (ADTS) – New Brunswick
- Bison Transport – Manitoba
- Challenger Motor Freight – Ontario
- DJ Knoll Transport Ltd. – Saskatchewan
- Drive Logistics – Ontario
- Edge Transportation – Saskatchewan
- Erb Transport – Ontario
- Home Hardware Stores Limited – Ontario
- J&R Hall Transport – Ontario
- JG Drapeau Ltd. – Ontario
- Kindersley Transport – Saskatchewan
- Kriska Transportation – Ontario
- Liberty Linehaul Inc. – Ontario
- LinamarTransportation Inc. – Ontario
- Logikor – Ontario
- MacKinnon Transport – Ontario
- Meyers Transport – Ontario
- Ryder Canada – Supply Chain Solutions – Ontario
- SLH Transport – Ontario
- The Brick – Ontario
- Transpro Freight Systems Ltd. – Ontario
- Triton Transport – British Columbia
“These 22 fleets demonstrate a broad array of industry best practices,” says Tamara Miller, Trucking HR Canada’s director – programs and services. “Their employees clearly understand performance expectations. Unique initiatives ranged from regular Multicultural Days honouring a fleet’s diverse workforce, to charitable programs that actively engaged employees.”
“These fleets are helping to tackle the trucking industry’s intensifying shortage of employees, and realizing the business benefits of better workplaces today,” adds Angela Splinter, chief executive officer of Trucking HR Canada.
In just its second year, the program has grown from last year when only 10 were recognized.
“We hope to see an even longer list in the third annual program. There is no limit to the number of fleets that can be recognized,” Splinter says. “Not every application is successful, but we encourage every fleet to continue with ongoing investments in human resources practices. It makes business sense, and it will bring you closer to recognition by Top Fleet Employers. Most important, it will help to recruit and retain skilled employees.”
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data