Freightliner Trucks Showcases New 122SD
Freightliner Trucks displayed its new 122SD at the recently concluded 2013 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS). The truck features rugged components that are tough enough to handle the most grueling of applications. With numerous enhancements to the former Coronado SD, the 122SD is now the cornerstone of the SD line of Freightliner severe duty vocational trucks.
With a GVWR of up to 92,000 lbs. and a GCWR of up to 160,000 lbs., the 122SD is engineered to haul heavy, oversized loads and can be configured for a variety of severe duty applications such as logging, oil/gas field services, concrete mixing, specialty/heavy-haul, crane, dump, vocational on-highway, and towing/recovery.
Additional new standard and optional components found on the 122SD include:
– Hood durability enhancements;
– West coast-style door mounted mirrors;
– Severe duty front cab mounts;
– An impact-resistant back window;
– A lower radiator rock guard and an up to 1700sq. in. radiator;
– New durable halogen headlights with replaceable glass lens reflectors;
– One-piece skid plate;
– 80k lbs. rated logger front bumper;
– Disc brakes; and
– An in-cab battery box for the daycab.
The 122SD comes equipped with the powerful OBD13 certified/GHG14-compliant Detroit DD15 TC engine, which features the ideal combination of torque and horsepower for heavy duty applications. The Detroit DD13 DD16 and Cummins ISX15 engines – with ratings up to 600 hp and 2050 lb.ft. torque – can also be spec’d.
The truck is available with a variety of Eaton manual and automated manual transmissions, including the optional Eaton Cobra shifter or Allison automatic transmission options.