DELTA, B.C. – As part of a new strategy for Commercial Vehicle Safety Enforcement (CVSE) and the province’s trucking strategy On the Move, the British Columbia government has completed a $2.3-million project on the construction of eight mobile weigh scale pull-out areas in the province’s Lower Mainland.
“Safety is our number one priority. Our government is committed to ensuring that all commercial trucks operating on our provincial highways meet all safety requirements,” said Transportation and Infrastructure Minister Todd Stone. “Every year, CVSE looks at hundreds of thousands of commercial vehicles that cross our weigh scales and inspection sites across the province. Every CVSE officer has a very busy and very important job – and these mobile weigh scales will help them increase efficiency in their safety enforcement on our highways.”
Two of the weigh scales were completed recently, with the remaining six having been constructed in 2015.
The government said the mobile scale sites are strategically located, and that CVSE officers would rotate between the sites to maximize their chances of catching violators.
“The new weigh scales in Delta and in the Lower Mainland will make sure that commercial vehicles are checked and inspected appropriately,” said Delta North MLA Scott Hamilton. “These weigh scales will help Commercial Vehicle Safety Enforcement officers get unsafe commercial vehicles off the road – and keep them off.”
The eight weigh scales include:
• Highway 99 and Ladner Trunk Road South (Delta) – completed April 4, 2016
• Highway 91 eastbound onto Highway 91A northbound (Richmond) – completed April 4, 2016
• Highway 91 northbound: north of Highway 10 (Delta) – completed Oct. 30, 2015
• Highway 10 at 232 St -on-ramp to Highway 1 eastbound (Langley) – completed Oct. 30, 2015
• 264th Street on-ramp to Highway 1 westbound (Langley) – completed Oct. 30, 2015
• 264th Street on-ramp to Highway 1 eastbound (Langley) – completed Oct. 30, 2015
• Highway 1 westbound Brake Check (West Vancouver) – completed Oct. 30, 2015
• Highway 99 and Ladner Trunk Road westbound on-ramp (Delta) – completed Oct. 30, 2015
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data