MILTON, ON — John Harrison of Huron Services Group has been named chairman of the Private Motor Truck Council of Canada, while Dennis Shantz of Home Hardware Stores shifts to the role of past-chairman.
Harrison is director of transportation operations at Huron, which offers contract driver services. He joined Global Driver Services in 1996 after a career in the financial sector. While he began as a driver, he quickly rose through corporate ranks, becoming the company’s general manager in 2006. When Global was sold to CPC Logistics, he assumed his current role, where he serves major Canadian accounts.
David Marvin of Superior Propane and Jason Hinton of Burnbrae Farms will serve as vice-chairmen of PMTC.
Other directors include:
- Phil Camp, Paccar Leasing Company
- Jim Dimech, Praxair Canada Inc
- Ted Dezsenyi, FedEx Ground Package Systems Ltd
- Sanchia Duran, Shaw Tracking
- Brad Fletcher, Terrapure Environmental
- Hasan Habash, Shur-Gain, a Nutreco Company
- Fred Hildebrand, Idealease of North America
- Tom Keigher, The TDL Group Corp
- Paul Kudla, Volvo Trucks Canada Inc
- Shari Lagala, Patene Building Supplies Ltd
- Steve Lawn, Parkland Fuel Corporation
- Marcus Mares, PeopleNet Canada Corporation
- Terry Maw, Trailer Wizards
- David Parsons, Sleeman Breweries Ltd
- Glenn Pattison, 3M Canada Company
- Kim Richardson, TTSAO
- Kevin Riley, Maple Leaf Foods
- Claudio Venditti , Penske Truck Leasing Canada Inc
- Danny Vettoretti, PepsiCo Foods Canada
- Andy Walker, Molson Coors
- Imre Zalan, Chemtrade Logistics
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.