Toronto luncheon to discuss cargo theft, fraud
TORONTO, ON – The Toronto Trucking Association is giving people the chance to take a bite out of crime while enjoying an afternoon bite.
A March 29 luncheon discussion about cargo theft and fraud will feature a panel that includes Constable Patrick Lynch from Peel Regional Police’s Commercial Auto Crime Bureau; Kendra Emmett from Northbridge Financial Corporation; and Andrew Ross of UCIT Online Security.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Stolen Loads – who and what is being targeted
- Internal Connections to theft, what you can do to protect yourself
- Deficiencies in Trucking Security
- Insurance Bureau of Canada National Theft Program Findings and Statistics
- Thefts – What is their impact on your loss runs
- How to leverage ever changing technology to better manage the flow of traffic through your logistics yard/compound(s)
- Benefits and cost savings that surround the automation of remote gate control
- What are advanced video analytics and how do they apply to the logistics world?
- What is Live Video Monitoring and how can it help protect outdoor company assets?
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.