J&F Trucking celebrated its 60th anniversary with a BBQ Sept. 11. The event was held at the company’s Ajax location, coinciding with the completion of National Trucking Week. The family-owned and operated company was started by John Campitelli (right) in 1949 with just one truck, carrying loads for Colonial Homes. Campitelli’s brother Fred (middle) joined the company in ’51, then known as J&F Truck Rentals. In ’59, the company changed its name to J&F Trucking Company and moved from its original site in Scarborough to the original Colonial Homes site in Pickering. The youngest brother on the J&F team, Bruno (left), came on-board in 1964, and the trio of brothers are still actively involved, with John serving as president, Fred working as the secretary-treasurer and Bruno working as vice-president and service manager. By the ’70s, the company had outgrown its Pickering site and moved to its present Ajax, Ont. location. In ’86, it became J&F Trucking Corp.
Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry. All posts by Truck News