The Truck Writers of North America Technical Achievement Award Committee, of which I’m a member, has come up with the top five tech achievements of 2015.
Committee chair Jim Park will be presenting the winner at TMC in Nashville in early March.
Here are the five top achievements, in our collectively humble opinion:
- Detroit Assurance safety system from Daimler Trucks North America
- Eaton Procision 7-speed medium-duty automated manual transmission
- Meritor WABCO SmartTrac automatic trailer lift axle control system
- Phillips Industries LITE-SENTRY trailer-chassis light monitoring system
- Silver Eagle Manufacturing T-Dolly adjustable trailer converter dolly
To be eligible, a product or service has to show technical innovation, have a wide applicability and availability in trucking, and offer significant benefits. Stay tuned for the winner!
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data