Ontario’s Ministry of Transportation announced it’s 26th annual Road Safety Achievement Awards, recognizing outstanding contributions of individuals, groups, and organizations.
The winners include:
- Professional of the Year: Valerie Smith – director of programs, Parachute
- Volunteer of the Year: Bea Clark – Pelham Active Transportation Committee
- Initiative of the Year: Hop! app – created by EnviroCentre in partnership with the Ottawa Student Transportation Authority
- Collaboration Award: North Grenville Police Services Board/Road Safety Committee
- Corporate Leadership Award: Government and Community Relations, CAA South Central Ontario
- Rob Fleming Divisional Partnership Award: Mike Millian, president, Private Motor Truck Council of Canada
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Kerri Jianopolous – career in public service
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.