CTA and TMC to present tech show
The CTA has partnered with the Technology & Maintenance Council to present a two-day show for equipment, IT and logistics professionals in Toronto from November 12 -13.
“Truck operators in both Canada and the United States deal with the same technical issues and equipment, it is a natural fit for CTA to partner with TMC to deliver a high caliber conference,” says David Bradley, chief executive officer, Canadian Trucking Alliance. “The program will draw upon TMC’s strengths in developing high caliber content and attracting leading speakers yet will be tailored to the Canadian operating environment.”
The conference theme is “Harnessing Technological Change”. The two-day meeting will include hands-on technical sessions led by leading experts. The tentative program will include:
* The effect Transport Canada’s vehicle certification requirements are having on Canadian manufacturers and fleets.
* How to get the most out of fuels, lubes and air systems when operating in cold weather.
* Best methods for recruiting, retaining and certifying equipment technicians.
* Trailer spec’ing.
* Maintaining performance of the new ’02 diesel engines.
* Efficient communication of business data, via various electronic systems and devices, focusing on how business process solutions can improve motor carriers profitability and cash flow.
* IT session offerings include how to manage multiple mobile assets, wireless interconnectivity, the latest EDI and XML standard developments and how trucking companies can keep up with the web services revolution.
* VMRS (Vehicle Maintenance Reporting Standards), an essential reference for standard coding convention for maintenance and parts inventory.
The conference will be held in conjunction with the annual convention of the Ontario Trucking Association (Nov. 13 – 15) which draws over 4,000 trucking industry leaders.
Trade Show — Attendees will also be able to browse through a 30,000 square feet display of transportation equipment and information technology products. Delegates of the Ontario Trucking Association convention will have access to the trade show.
Registration before Oct. 31 is $495 CDN. After that date, registration increases to $595 CDN. Members of qualified Canadian fleet maintenance organizations will be eligible for a $50 reduction and the organization will also qualify for a rebate.
For registration information, call 703-838-1763. To register, call 416-249-7401 ext. 243 after July 10, 2003.
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.