AKRON, Ohio – Goodyear has expanded its range of mixed-service tires with the addition of the new Goodyear Workhorse line.
The Goodyear Workhorse line has been designed for a wide variety of mixed-service applications.
“Part of the Goodyear Total Solution for mixed-service fleets, the Goodyear Workhorse line includes both the Workhorse MSA and Workhorse MSD,” said Evan Perrow, marketing manager at Goodyear. “Both tires offer strong on- and off-road performance for vocational trucks that have to get the job done in tough operating conditions.”
The Goodyear Workhorse MSA has been designed to help deliver superior over-the-road performance. It features:
• A high-mileage tread compound and enhanced tread volume to help offer many miles to removal
• A wide footprint to help enhance mileage, cornering and handling
• Penetration protectors to help resist stone drilling for retreadability
• A steel belt/casing package to offer toughness and outstanding performance
• A tread design that helps reduce road noise for a quiet ride
It is available in three sizes: 11R22.5 (Load Range H); 11R24.5 (Load Range H); and 315/80R22.5 (Load Range L – 10,000-lb. capacity.)
The Goodyear Workhorse MSD has been designed for both on- and off-road applications. It features:
• Rugged casing construction for enhanced toughness and retreadability in heavy-duty, off-road applications
• Deep 31/32-inch tread with a rugged lug configuration to help deliver traction on difficult terrain
• An advanced tread compound to help resist cuts and chips for off-road performance
• A deep undertread to help promote cool-running performance while on the road
• A steel belt/casing package to help enhance retreadability
It is available in two sizes: 11R22.5 and 11R24.5, both Load Range H.
“As the Workhorse name denotes, these new tires are tough, dependable and help mixed-service trucks tackle tough jobs,” said Perrow. “We believe they will help mixed-service fleets get the job done, while helping to lower their operating costs.”