LOUISVILLE, Ky. — It’s darn near impossible to find a trucker who doesn’t have dreams of riding a Harley, and hard-charging Navistar is banking on good name of the legendary motorcycle brand in unveiling , the InternationalLoneStarHarley-Davidson Special Edition.
Unveiled at the Mid-America Trucking Show the truck’s deep black paint and contrasting silver and orange striping is the chrome laden is a definite eye catcher.
“The Harley-Davidson Special Edition takes LoneStar to the next level,” said Dee Kapur, president, Navistar Truck Group. “It’s the perfect combination of LoneStar originality and Harley-Davidson authenticity.
The truck’s headlights are actual authentic headlamps from Harley-Davidsonmotorcycles and the leather seats feature the same Harley-DavidsonBar and Shield that appear on Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
“When the opportunity to work together first came about, we were intrigued about designing a long-haul truck that had the sleek forms and unique shapes that are unique to Harley-Davidson motorcycles,” said Ron Hutchinson, Senior Vice President of Product Development for Harley-Davidson Motor Company. “The collaboration produced a truck that has the innovation of Navistar with the heart and soul of Harley-Davidson. This truck oozes the freedom and spirit of the open road.”
Exterior features include:
• Metallic black paint with contrasting silver/orange striping in classic Harley-Davidson style
• Distinctive grille, inspired from the 1939 International D-series with distinctive Harley-Davidson logo-type side graphics
• Deep, clean, and simple front bumper with integrated fog and marker/turn lamps and optional Double Six bumper light bar
• Authentic Harley-Davidson headlights, pulled directly from the famous Harley-Davidson Screamin’ Eagle Performance Division.
• 7-inch chrome stacks with aggressive bologna cut tips for a custom look
• Set-back fuel tanks for a sleeker, west coast appearance
• Custom-forged and -machined 24.5-inch aluminum wheels with unique lug nut covers and Harley-Davidson Bar and Shield center caps.
• Unique formed super-deep custom sunshade and a distinctive aluminum battery box sporting Harley-Davidson Bar and Shield logos
The LoneStarHarley-Davidson Special Edition can also be customized to reflect the owner’s personality. Owners can make their truck uniquely their own with more than 40 customization options available at launch.
The LoneStar interior is no “Dilbert cubicle” it’s an office suite, according to its makers and now it adds the unique Harley-Davidson look and feel. It features rich leather upholstery, turned aluminum gauge faces, dark rosewood cabinets and a dark walnut floor. It also has the comforts of a sleeper that works like an office and a pull-down mattress that easily converts the sofa into a 42”-wide bunk. Built for a select few, it even includes a limited production number plate on the shifter.
Interior features include:
• Bright finish shift lever with engraved limited production engine-turned number plate on a custom shifter handle including owners name and a distinct limited edition serial number
• Rich, black perforated leather upholstery with color-coordinated black-on-black stitching throughout
• Harley-Davidson fuel tank badges on front seatbacks and rear couch bolster
• Special Edition instrument cluster featuring hooded gauges with turned aluminum faces and an engine-turned argent colored housing background for the cluster and secondary display
• Harley-Davidson logo-types debossed into rich leather door panel top-covers
• Distinctive dark rosewood cabinetry and instrument panel accents and a rich dark walnut insert in the sleeper floor
• Pull down bed quickly converts from couch to 42”-wide bunk with standard innerspring mattress or an optional Lattoflex Sleep System with a memory foam mattress
The InternationalLoneStarHarley-Davidson Special Edition is available in a sleeper configuration only. It will be available for order next month and will enter production in June. Only 250 units will be produced in 2009. To learn more and experience the interactive 360° product walk-around, go to www.internationaltrucks.com/lonestarhd.
Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry. All posts by Truck News