LONDON, Ont. — Peterbilt of Ontario has announced a name change and the acquisition of certain assets belonging to Premier Peterbilt.
As a result, the expanded dealership will add three new locations, previously served by Premier Peterbilt, the company said in a release.
Peterbilt of Ontario has operated as “The Peterbilt of Ontario Group” since the early 1990s, and has now changed its name to “Peterbilt Ontario Truck Centres.” The new name is intended to better reflect the business mission and products and services that are provided to the Ontario trucking community, according to a statement.
Peterbilt of Ontario has also purchased certain assets of Premier Peterbilt and will be opening three new locations to service the areas previously served by Premier. Peterbilt Ontario Truck Centres now operates 10 regional support centres across Ontario, along with its own parts distribution centre and customer delivery centre.
The three new locations include:
Mississauga (1257 Eglinton Ave. E, Mississauga, Ont.); the Toronto West location (previously located in Brampton) will move to a new home in early December 2008. Future announcements will be made about the move-in date.
Whitby (1311 Hopkins Street, Whitby, Ont.); the Toronto East location will be established at the previous location in Whitby, Ont;
Cardinal (2085 Shanly Road, Cardinal, Ont.); The Eastern Ontario location will be established at the previous location at the 730 Truck Stop in Cardinal, Ont.
Many employees of Premier Peterbilt will stay on with Peterbilt Ontario Truck Centres, according to the company.
Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry. All posts by Truck News