STRATHROY, Ont. — Pollock NationaLease is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.
The Canadian-owned truck leasing company provides full-service leasing and rental of trucks and trailers to the manufacturing, transportation and service industries with a fleet of 3,5000 trucks and trailers with six locations serving Ontario from Windsor to Toronto, as well as Moncton, N.B.
Pollock was established in 1953, with one truck hauling television cabinets for a single customer. The company rapidly expanded to 12 tractor-trailer units by 1958.
Throughout the 60s and 70s, the company was also involved in renting, leasing and sale of funeral coaches and ambulances. The commercial truck rental business experienced growth in the 1970s, resulting in the company’s expansion to Sarnia, London South and a newly built Head Office facility in Strathroy. Further expansion in the 1980s included Wallaceburg, St. Thomas, London East, Lambeth and Windsor.
Partner Dedicated Services Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pollock, was formed in 19996 to provide dedicated transportation solutions to customers.
In 2001, Pollock acquired Baden-based Tiger Leasing, more than doubling the size of its fleet and moving a giant step toward its objective of expanding east into the Greater Toronto area market as well as the Maritimes as a full-service lease provider.
Pollock NationaLease has been an affiliate of the National Leasing System (NationaLease) since 1955. This network of independent, full-service truck leasing companies spans North America and provides assured 24/7 access to quality maintenance and emergency repair services for customers of all NationaLease affiliates.
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.