There’s a new kid on the refrigerated truck body block. At Truck World, CIMC Vanguard introduced its exclusively Canadian Polar Globe refrigerated truck body, expanding customer choices in an extremely tight market. The Polar Globe body will be built at the company’s manufacturing facility in Sarnia, Ont.
Bringing Vanguard’s experience with refrigerated trailers to truck bodies, the Polar Globe body features a galvanized subframe for enhanced corrosion resistance and four-inch LBA foaming polyurethane insulation for better thermal efficiency.
It’s available in numerous configurations and options with box lengths from 14 to 30 feet.
Standard features include:
- 3-inch crossmembers on 12-inch centers, 4-inch-long rail beams
- mylar tape between crossmembers and bottom rails
- 1.32-inch extruded aluminum anti-slip floor flush to the rear
- standard stainless steel front, 0.04” pre-painted aluminum sides on 16-inch centres
- 0.08-inch anti-microbial thermoplastic lining
- full-size steps and grab handles for safe and easy access to the refrigeration unit
- Whiting Cold Saver 2-1/8-inch roll-up door (barn doors optional)
- 36-inch door track protectors on both sides
Available options include side and rear doors, customized rear bumpers, multi-temp applications, lift gates, walk ramps, cargo restraint systems and more.
The new truck body was designed specifically for the Canadian market and will be sold exclusively through Reefer Sales and Service in eastern Canada
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.