10 HR Practices That Make Carriers Great Work Places
OTTAWA, ON — Take care of your employees, and they’ll take care of business.
Trucking HR Canada, a new HR resource for the trucking industry, agrees. All their selections for the first ever Top Fleet Employers list share that idea. The winning carriers engage employees in a way that goes beyond the paycheck.
- Transpro Freight Systems seeks employee input on new initiatives;
- Bison Transport offers personalized newsletters;
- Kindersley Transportation has a VIP recognition program;
- SLH Transport recognizes milestone anniversaries;
- Logikor has a group retirement savings plan;
- J&R Hall Transport’s real, confidential open-door policy;
- Erb Group specially honours retiring employees;
- Kriska Transportation’s deferred profit sharing plan;
- MacKinnon Transport’s fuel bonus program;
- Home Hardware offers bonuses beyond rate-per-kilometer.
The Top Fleet Employers’ award criteria looks at work environments and trends as well as current Canadian human resources issues. A Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) and panel of trucking industry experts review and validate the list.
Fleets were rated by professional development, lifestyle, compensation, employee recognition and engagement, recruitment, and retention.
Angela Splinter, CEO of Trucking HR Canada, said that the shortage of employees and job candidates makes identifying the best HR companies more important moving forward.
“They have demonstrated their commitment to programs which play a vital role in recruiting and retaining a skilled workforce,” Splinter said. “These 10 fleets clearly recognize the value of sound human resources practices.”
The Top Fleet Employers 2014 Best Practices Report will be posted in depth at www.truckingHR.com.
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.