CALGARY, Alta. — The 2009 Wowtrucks Calendar is filling up, with the latest entries being named at the Fergus Truck Show and Rodeo du Camion.
Photographer David Benjatschek of Wowtrucks has been traversing the country, photographing show trucks at Canada’s major show’n’shines which will be highlighted in the unique calendar.
The following truckers will have a place in the 2009 calendar, after being selected at Fergus and Rodeo:
* Marc Berthelette, Thornloe Ontario. Rodeo-goers loved the custom western grille on this 1985 Peterbilt 359 which took home Rodeo’s Best in Show award.
* Pierre and Kerry Lee Cinq-Mars, Iron Bridge Ontario. Their 2002 Western Star won Best Chrome at the Rodeo du Camion Show’n’Shine.
* Simon Charette, Mont Beillard Quebec. Simon wowed the spectators at Rodeo with his “Hell Bound” 2007 Yellow Peterbilt, taking home the Public’s Choice award.
* Ken Zehr, Wellesley Ontario.Ken took home the Public’s Choice award at the Fergus Truck Show with his beautifully detailed 2002 Western Star.
* Shawn Bowles, Brampton Ontario. His mean looking 2007 Peterbilt Truck/Trailer took home Best Paint at Fergus.
The final spots in the calendar will be awarded at the Pro-Trucker Alberta Big Rig Weekend at Race City Speedway in Calgary, Alberta on August 23-24, Benjatschek announced..
You can order your 2009 Wowtrucks Calendar online at www.wowtrucks.com.
Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry. All posts by Truck News