2016 Top Fleet Employers Honoured
Top Fleet Employers program honours 39 industry workplaces.
June 21, 2016 Ottawa (ON) – Thirty-nine of the best workplaces in Canada’s trucking industry have earned honours through the 3rd annual Top Fleet Employers program, Trucking HR Canada has announced.
Fleets of every size were rated on topics including employee recognition, compensation, lifestyle, employee engagement, wellness, professional development, recruitment and retention.
The 2016 honours are awarded to the following (Head Office locations indicated):
- Atlantica (Rexton, NB)
- Arnold Bros. Transport Ltd. (Winnipeg, MB)
- Bison Transport (Winnipeg, MB)
- Brian Kurtz Trucking Ltd. (Breslau, ON)
- Canaan Shipping Co. Ltd. (Richmond, BC)
- Canada Cartage (Mississauga, ON)
- Cavalier Transportation Services Inc. (Bolton, ON)
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc. (Cambridge, ON)
- Drive Logistics (Windsor, ON)
- Edge Transportation Services Ltd. (Saskatoon, SK)
- Erb Transport (New Hamburg, ON)
- HI-WAY 9 Group of Companies (Drumheller, AB)
- Home Hardware Stores Limited (St. Jacobs, ON)
- J&R Hall Transport Inc. (Ayr, ON)
- JG Drapeau Ltd. (Toronto, ON)
- Joseph Haulage Canada Corp. (Stoney Creek, ON)
- Kindersley Transport Ltd. (Saskatoon, SK)
- Kriska Transportation (Prescott, ON)
- Liberty Linehaul Inc. (Ayr, ON)
- Linamar Transportation Inc. (Guelph, ON)
- Logikor Inc. (Cambridge, ON)
- MacKinnon Transport (Guelph, ON)
- Meyers Transport Ltd. (Belleville, ON)
- Midland Transport (Dieppe, NB)
- Q-Line Trucking Ltd. (Saskatoon, SK)
- Rosedale Transport Ltd. (Mississauga, ON)
- Rosenau Transport Ltd. (Edmonton, AB)
- Ryder Canada – Supply Chain Solutions (Mississauga, ON)
- Sleeman Breweries Ltd. (Guelph, ON)
- SLH Transport Inc. (Kingston, ON)
- Steed Standard Transport Ltd. (Stratford, ON)
- Sutco Transportation Specialists (Salmo, BC)
- Tandet (Oakville, ON)
- The Brick (Edmonton, AB)
- Trailer Wizards Ltd. (Mississauga, ON)
- Transpro Freight Systems (Milton, ON)
- Transport Transbo Inc. (Saint-Simon-de-Bagot, QC)
- Triton Transport Ltd. (Chilliwack, BC)
- Westcan Bulk Transport (Edmonton, AB)
“These 39 fleets demonstrate a commitment to effective human resources approaches, and all have best practices to share” says Angela Splinter, chief executive officer of Trucking HR Canada. “These fleets are leading by example, and we commend them for their leadership in demonstrating that the trucking industry offers great places to work”.
Trucking HR Canada’s popular “Drive to Excellence” annual report will again offer practical examples and tips that all employers in the industry can learn from. Top Fleet Employers selection criteria, which has been validated by trucking industry experts, is reviewed annually to ensure an accurate reflection of human resources issues, trends, and today’s working environments. A team of human resources professionals oversee the assessment process.
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.