Bandstra Transportation Trucker Named BC Driving Champ
LANGLEY, BC — Truck driver Kris Szigeti of Bandstra Transportation was named Grand Champion at the 2015 British Columbia Professional Truck Driving Championships on June 20, in Abbotsford, at Tradex, also known as the Fraser Valley Trade & Exhibition Centre.
Competing in the event were over 40 drivers, all vying for the coveted top spot in their class.
The Rookie of the Year was William Grant MacDonald of Overland West Freight Lines Ltd.
Dave Lighton of Air Liquide, won the Safety Award while the Team Trophy went to Tony Gomez, Evan Hirst and Rob Balan of Canadian Freightways, joined by Harjinder Sangha and David Stegg of Challenger Motor Freight.
Winners in each category are:
- Third: Tony Gomez – Canadian Freightways
- Second: Dean Grant – Agrifoods
- First: Kris Szigeti – Bandstra Transportation
- Third: Donald Tallon – YRC Reimer
- Second: Evan Hirst – Canadian Freightways
- First: Terry Loftus – YRC Reimer
- Third: Pat Spence – CNTL
- Second: Gord Foster – YRC Reimer
- First: Rob Balan – Canadian Freightways
- Third: David Stagg – Challenger Motor Freight
- Second: Kyle McDonal – Comox Pacific Express
- First: Murray Lipp – Overland West Freight Lines Ltd.
- Third: Joseph McDonald – Dept. of National Defense
- Second: William Grant MacDonald – Overland West Freight Lines Ltd.
- First: David Lighton – Air Liquide
These drivers will represent British Columbia and compete against the other provincial teams at the National Championships to be held Sept. 11 through 13 in Regina, SK.
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.