LANGLEY, B.C. — The BC Trucking Association (BCTA), in conjunction with the Canadian Trucking Human Resources Council, is offering a three-hour seminar on effective recruitment and retention strategies for the trucking industry. The seminar and the accompanying manual are specifically designed to support small and medium-sized trucking companies that have limited human resource expertise.
Human Resources Essentials is an interactive seminar based on the Canadian Trucking Human Resources Council’s newest product Your Guide to Human Resources: Practical Tips and Tools for the Trucking Industry.
Written for the trucking industry by knowledgeable industry insiders, the guide includes:
– A description of “fit” and why it is important in recruiting drivers
– Strategies for driver retention and how to use them effectively in your fleet
– Explanations of how turnover impacts your bottom line and what to do about it
– Helpful tips and checklists for recruitment and hiring
– Sample application and other forms, along with a CD-ROM that contains customizable versions that can be modified to include logos and other company-specific requirements.
“Your Guide to Human Resources is practical and easy to use and will assist you in hiring the right
drivers, the first time, and keeping them longer,” organizers said in a release.
The seminar leader is Alison Cunningham, a human resources professional and advisor to one of
Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies in the trucking industry. An engaging facilitator, Alison is also the
author of Your Guide to Human Resources.
Human Resources Essentials for Small and Medium-sized Trucking Companies will be held at the BCTA Classroom in Langley from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Feb. 12. Members pay $150 and non-members $175 to a maximum of 25 participants.
BCTA is also offering a Human Resources Essentials Train-the-Facilitator session following the seminar. The session includes a trainer lesson plan, key learning points, optional training activities, facilitator notes, and all the materials required to deliver the Human Resources Essentials seminar. Those interested can contact Sandra Stashuk at the BCTA office by phone at 604-888-5319, ext.215, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data