Canadian Freightways Dominates at BC Truck Driving Championships
ABBOTSFORD, BC — The British Columbia Truck Association (BCTA) has announced the winners in its provincial 2013 Professional Truck Driving Championships.
On June 22, truckers from across the province gathered in Abbotsford to test their skills and see who came out on top. Below is the list of winners:
• Straight Truck: Danny Wilson, Overland West Freight Lines Ltd.
• Single-Single: Jose Lecinana, Canadian Freightways
• Single-Tandem: Dale Scott, Canadian Freightways
• Tandem-Tandem: John Broker of Martin Brower
• Super B-Train: Lorne Roadhouse, Overland West Freight Lines Ltd.
Each of the category winners will go on to represent the province in the national competition happening in Abbotsford from September 19 to 22.
Grand Champion: Dale Scott
Team Winner: Canadian Freightways (Dale Scott, Robert Balan, Jack Newton, and Jose Lecinana)
Rookie of the Year: Brent Locke of Simard Westlink
Safety Award: Steve Dawydiak, ABC Traders
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.