OTTAWA — The Canadian Trucking Alliance has announced their new executive committee of the board of directors for the 2012-14 term.
The officers are:
- Chairman: Don Streuber, President, Bison Transport, Winnipeg, MB
- 1st Vice Chairman: Mark Seymour, President, Kriska Transportation, Prescott, ON
- 2nd Vice Chairman: Gene Orlick, President, Orlicks Transport Inc., Calgary, AB
- Treasurer: Scott Smith, President, J.D. Smith & Sons Limited, Vaughan, ON
- Secretary: Ed Malysa, President & COO, Trimac Transportation Ltd., Calgary, AB
The at-large members of the Executive Committee are:
- Gord Peddle, President, Altantica Diversified Transportation Systems, Mt. Pearl, NF
- Jean-Claude Fortin, President, J.E. Fortin Inc., St-Bernard-de-Lacolle, QC
- Gord Smith, President, Manitoulin Transport Inc., Gore Bay, ON
- Murray Scadeng, President, Triton Transport Ltd., Langley, BC
CTA noted that former chairmen who are still active in the industry have a seat on the executive committee as do the top staff executive for each provincial trucking association.
David Bradley, president and CEO of the CTA, thanked outgoing chairman Paul Easson of Eassons Transport “for his leadership and steady hand on the rudder over the past two years. After his term in office Paul leaves CTA in as good a shape as it has ever been.”
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.