The CTA, in partnership with online training developer Training Alternatives, is now offering an online dangerous goods training program for drivers.
The course cost is $45 per trainee. The program can be completed within four to six hours of study depending on the trainees’ previous familiarity with handling of dangerous goods procedures. The training course can be accessed and paid for online at www.dangerousgoods.net
The online training was designed especially for new, intermediate and experienced truck drivers, shippers, and frontline supervisors/managers. Experienced handlers will appreciate the convenient reference guide that contains the new, “clear language” regulations.
The course covers:
* Naming and classifying dangerous goods
* Packaging dangerous goods
* Identifying dangerous goods through the use of proper documentation, labeling and placarding
* Dealing with accidental releases and other emergencies
* Knowledge of the applicable regulations and use of the schedules in the regulations
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.