Customs looking to put drivers with CDRP cards on the FAST track

Avatar photo

OTTAWA, Ont.– Drivers whose Commercial Driver Registration Program (CDRP) card has expired or is expiring should apply for the Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card, the Canada Border Services Agency is recommending.

CBSA reasons that FAST cards have a wider application and are valid for one year longer than a CDRP card. For example, FAST cards can be used traveling in both directions at the border instead of just into Canada. FAST cards are also a prerequisite for using FAST dedicated lanes in either country where they are available.

Note, however, that while CDRP cards are free, FAST cards cost $80 per application.

Avatar photo

Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry.

Have your say

This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.