Truck News

News

Deadline looms for B.C. fuel and engine seminar

SURREY, B.C. -- The British Columbia Trucking Association will be providing its members an opportunity to fill up o...


SURREY, B.C. — The British Columbia Trucking Association will be providing its members an opportunity to fill up on the latest developments in fuel and engine technology during a July luncheon.

The lunchtime seminar is slated for July 27 at the Sheraton Guildford in Surrey, B.C. and the deadline for registration with the BCTA is July 24.

The BCTA is offering this opportunity for members to gain a better understanding of the upcoming changes regarding ultra-low sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel and the new 2007 diesel engines. Knowledgeable speakers from each of the fuel and engine sectors will participate in a panel session, offering information and answering questions regarding the changes and the ramifications for trucking companies’ engine maintenance, fuel efficiency, vehicle tare weights and other related issues.

Pending final amendment by Environment Canada, from Sept. 1 to Oct. 15 all on-road fuel in Canada will be sold at no more than 22 ppm. After Oct. 15, the limit will be 15 ppm. In the US after Oct. 15, 80% of all on-road fuel will be sold at 15 ppm with the remaining 20% at 500 ppm.

These developments, combined with the 2007 diesel engines that have been designed to meet the new environmental emissions standards, will have a significant impact on industry operations in Canada.

Panelists will provide insight and information regarding how ULSD will impact engine fuel efficiency, industry forecasts of price differentials for the ULSD versus the current product, how contamination issues will be dealt with during the transition to ULSD, how the new engines will affect fuel economy, the implications of the new engine for maintenance and maintenance costs, and the affect of the new engines, including particulate traps, on truck tare weights.

The seminar will cost $50 per individual or $350 for a table of eight. For further information or to register contact Sandra Stashuk at 1-800-565-2282 or sstashuk@bctrucking.com.


Truck News

Truck News

Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry.
All posts by

Print this page
Related Articles
TruckNews
TodaysTrucking


Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*