FERGUS, Ont. — The 20th annual Fergus Truck Show, “the largest truck show in North America”, drew large crowds to the 10-acre field in Fergus, Ont. July 22-24. Among the various attractions at the event were truck pulls, vendors, live entertainment, dancing and a show & shine competition, which attracted about 630 entrants. The complete list of the 2005 Show & Shine winners is as follows:
PUBLIC CHOICE, sponsored by FERGUS TRUCK SHOW 1st Eva Curtin 2nd Stan Hamulecki 2005 Western Star 1981 Kenworth MacKinnon Transport Inc. Sunrise Equipment
BEST TRADE SHOW DISPLAY 1st Elizabeth Truck Centre 2nd CCDD Truck & Bus Skid School
1. BEST OWNER-OPERATOR’S WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by LRW TRUCK PARTS, ELORA 1st Richard Ruiz 2nd Frank Bergen 2001 Kenworth 1996 Kenworth Exotic Carrier ETC L.E. Walker Transport Ltd
2. BEST FLAT TOP WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by PREMIER PETERBILT 1st Steve Woods 2nd Stephane Gauthier 2003 Kenworth 1999 Freightliner L.A. Dalton Systems Inc. JR Menard
3. BEST WORKING CONVENTIONAL TRACTOR WITHOUT SLEEPER, sponsored by SUNOCO FLEET FUELS 1st Steve Joyce 2nd Art Harder 2001 Freightliner 2004 Peterbilt Sleeman Brewing Tri Corp
4. BEST WORKING CABOVER TRACTOR, sponsored by GROENVELD CPL SYSTEMS 1st George Mercer 2nd Trevor Patrick 2000 Kenworth 1997 Freightliner TNT Laidlaw Carriers, Tank Division
5. BEST 2005 OR NEWER COMPANY WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by SUNOCO FLEET FUELS 1st Peter and Chad Espensen 2nd Jason Taylor and David Carroll 2005 Peterbilt 2005 Peterbilt Transport ‘n’ Service Transport ‘n’ Service
6. BEST PRE 2005 COMPANY WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by GLASVAN GREAT DANE 1st Chris Hall 2nd Merlin Weber 1999 Freightliner 2004 Peterbilt Sleeman Brewing Maxwell Transport
7. BEST 2005 OR NEWER OWNER-OPERATOR WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by KENWORTH CANADA 1st Gerry Elford 2nd Kevin Love 2005 International 2005 Peterbilt L.E. Walker Transport Ltd. Stretch Transport Inc.
8. BEST 2003 TO 2004 WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by WAYCON INTERNATIONAL 1st Nathan and Ken Tompkins 2nd Steve Murphy 2003 Peterbilt 2003 Kenworth Transport ‘n’ Service Tri Corp
9. BEST 2001 TO 2002 WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by YANKE GROUP OF COMPANIES 1st Steve Joyce 2nd Richard Ruiz 2001 Freightliner 2001 Kenworth Sleeman Brewing Exotic Carrier ETC
10. BEST 1997 TO 2000 WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by TRACTION HEAVY DUTY PARTS 1st Stephane Gauthier 2nd Trevor Patrick 1999 Freightliner 1997 Freightliner J.R. Menard Laidlaw Carriers, Tank Division
11. BEST 1986 TO 1996 WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by KENWORTH CANADA 1st Frank Bergen 2nd Jay Anderson 1996 Kenworth 1996 Peterbilt L.E. Walker Transport Ltd. JTS Inc.
12. BEST PRE 1986 WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by FERGUS-ELORA NEWS EXPRESS 1st Mike Smith 2nd Barry Petteplace 1985 Freightliner 1965 Mack Service Star Freightways Inc. Petteplace Trucking
13. BEST RESTORED NON-WORKING TRACTOR, sponsored by LABATT BREWERIES 1st Brian Kurtz 2nd Stan Hamulecki 1944 Kenworth 1981 Kenworth Brian Kurtz Trucking Sunrise Equipment
14. BEST PAINT TRACTOR, sponsored by SHELL ROTELLA T 1st Brian Kurtz 2nd Stan Hamulecki 1944 Kenworth 1981 Kenworth Brian Kurtz Trucking Sunrise Equipment
15. BEST PAINT TRACTOR-TRAILER COMBINATION, sponsored by OLD REPUBLIC INS. COMPANY OF CANADA 1st Ed Benjamins 2nd John Camposeo 1990 Kenworth 1985 Freightliner Lakeside Transport
16. BEST MURAL TRACTOR, sponsored by MICHELIN CANADA 1st Jay Anderson 2nd Eva Curtin 1996 Peterbilt 2005 Western Star JTS Inc. MacKinnon Transport Inc.
17. BEST MURAL TRACTOR-TRAILER COMBINATION, sponsored by TOROMONT CAT 1st Mike Dorken 2nd Andy Trybell 1984 Kenworth 2006 Volvo Panorama Inc. TransX
18. BEST STRAIGHT OR TRACTOR-TRAILER COMMERCIAL LOGO/DESIGN, sponsored by KELTECH DESIGNS 1st Dwayne Baker 2nd Ross Patterson 2005 Freightliner 2005 Volvo Orangeville Welders Depot JM Schneider
19. BEST DISPLAYED TRUCK AREA, sponsored by BUSINESS WORLD TAX CONSULTANTS INC. 1st Steven Punter 2nd Stephane Gauthier 2006 International 1999 Freightliner Punt Installations JR Menard
20. BEST FLEET 3 TO 5 DISPLAYED TOGETHER, sponsored by HIGHWAY STERLING WESTERN STAR 1st Wallenstein Transport 2nd Keena Transport Wallenstein, Ontario Bolton, Ontario
21. BEST FLEET 6+ DISPLAYED TOGETHER, sponsored by KENWORTH CANADA 1st L.E. Walker Transport 2nd Transport ‘n’ Service St. Thomas, Ontario Guelph, Ontario
22. BEST PROFESSIONAL SHOW/FLAGSHIP TRUCK, sponsored by HIGHWAYSTAR MAGAZINE 1st Marty Kroft 2nd Lacey Dalton 1965 Mack 2004 Peterbilt Krome Transportation L.A. Dalton Systems Inc.
23. BEST TRACTOR-TRAILER – REEFER, sponsored by JR SKEFFINGTON’S THE TOY TRUCK PLACE 1st Mike Smith 2nd Mark Poirier 1985 Freightliner Heritage Truck Lines Service Star Freightways Inc.
24. BEST TRACTOR-TRAILER – VAN, sponsored by GLASVAN GREAT DANE 1st Rick Vinen 2nd Dean Locke 2002 Peterbilt 2005 Peterbilt Transport ‘n’ Service Transport ‘n’ Service
25. BEST TRACTOR-TRAILER – LIVESTOCK, sponsored by LA HANDLEY INSURANCE AGENCY 1st Darcy Bauman 2nd Brian McLeod 2005 Kenworth 2004 Mack Vernla Livestock Inc. Masse Trucking
26. BEST TRACTOR-TRAILER ‘SINGLE SPECIFIC’ PURPOSE, sponsored by THE OSTIC GROUP INSURANCE 1st Clayton Procter 2nd Stephen Procter 2000 Peterbilt 1997 International Procter’s Cartage Procter’s Cartage
27. BEST TRACTOR-TRAILER OR STRAIGHT TRUCK – FEED, sponsored by KAT FARMS 1st Ed Benjamins 2nd Gerry Martin 1990 Kenworth 2003 Peterbilt Lakeside Transport Wallensteain Transport Ltd.
28. BEST TRACTOR-TRAILER – FLOAT, FLAT OR CURTAINSIDE, sponsored by SELECTRUCKS 1st Steve Woods 2nd Justin Foster 2003 Kenworth 1993 Peterbilt L.A. Dalton Systems Inc. Samuel-Kim Tam
29. BEST TRACTOR-TRAILER – CAR CARRIER, sponsored by SUNOCO FLEET FUELS 1st Adam Cochrane 2nd Eric Gledhill 2003 Western Star 2005 Peterbilt TFX Int. Specialized Vehicle Trans. Oakwood Transport
30. BEST TRACTOR-TRAILER – TANKER, sponsored by TRUCK NEWS 1st Justin Price 2nd Greg Turner 2000 Peterbilt 2000 International Laidlaw Carriers, Tank Division Keith Hall and Sons
31. BEST TRACTOR-TRAILER – TRAINS (A, B or C), sponsored by CCDD TRUCK AND BUS SKID SCHOOL 1st Mark Mostacci 2nd Cory Holman 2000 Freightliner 2001 Freightliner TDL Group (Tim Hortons) Fed Ex, Ground
32. BEST TRACTOR-TRAILER – DUMP, sponsored by HIGHWAYSTAR MAGAZINE 1st Dave Joyce 2nd Michale Steffan 2002 Freightliner 2003 Western Star Sleeman Brewing Laidlaw Carriers, Bulk GP
33. BEST STRAIGHT TRUCK WITH PUP, sponsored by CANADIAN TIRE NO ENTRIES
34. BEST STRAIGHT TRUCK (NO DUMP OR TOW TRUCKS), sponsored by WAVERDALE FLEET SERVICES 1st Joe Santeramo 2nd Steven Punter 1995 Freightliner 2006 International Santeramo Transport Ltd. Punt Installations
35. BEST STRAIGHT SINGLE SPECIFIC PURPOSE, sponsored by THE FERGUS TRUCK SHOW 1st Brent McKee 2nd Alphonse Carnicelli 2002 Mack 2005 Kenworth Panda Environmental Alphonse Slinger Service Ltd.
36. BEST 2004 OR NEWER DUMP TRUCK, sponsored by DREW ELGIE MOTORS 1st John Gerritsen 2nd Lee Howard 2004 Western Star 2005 Mack John Gerritsen Trucking C&A Nicholson Trucking Ltd.
37. BEST PRE-2004 DUMP TRUCK, sponsored by PRYDE TRUCK SERVICE 1st Rene Desjardins 2nd Robert Page 2002 Kenworth 1999 Kenworth Gord Cooper Trucking Inc. J.G. Page Trucking
38. BEST SERVICE VEHICLE (NO DUMP OR TOW TRUCKS), sponsored by TIM HORTONS 1st Richard Gale 1989 Ford Team Logistics Systems Inc.
39. BEST HEAVY RECOVERY UNIT, sponsored by TRUCK AND TRAILER MAGAZINE 1st Kirk Baker 2nd Dan Prentice 1995 Peterbilt 2005 Kenworth Baker Heavy Towing Inc. Diamond Towing and Float Service 40. BEST LIGHT DUTY SPECIALIZED TRUCK – 1 1/2 TON OR LIGHTER, sponsored by COGECO 1st Brent Kurtz 1933 Chevrolet Brian Kurtz Trucking
41. BEST HIGHWAY MINI, sponsored by MOTHERS WAX 1st Larry and Tami Bye 2nd Jack Hill 1976 Freightliner 1982 Freightliner Larry Bye Mobile Repair Larry Bye Mobile Repair
42. BEST MEDIUM DUTY (15,000 TO 30,000 GVW-R), sponsored by TRUCK AND TRAILER MAGAZINE 1st Henry Tourigny 2nd Bruce Starkey 1995 International 2004 International Henry’s Heavy Equip. Repairs
43. BEST 2001 OR NEWER PICK-UP, sponsored by GILES CARSTAR COLLISION 1st Cody Southern 2nd Matthew Risidore 2003 Chevrolet 2003 Dodge
44. BEST PRE 2001 PICK-UP, sponsored by THE FERGUS TRUCK SHOW 1st Steve Jelly 2nd Ron Guba 1970 Ford 1996 GMC
45. BEST CUSTOM PICK-UP, sponsored by KICX 106.7 1st Heidy Boonzaajer 2nd Tony Brouillard 2005 Dodge 1994 Dodge Nedcan Auto
46. BEST RESTORED PICK-UP, sponsored by THE FERGUS TRUCK SHOW 1st Bud Gonneau 2nd Jon Holloway 1950 Ford 1972 Chevrolet NGI Company Inc. Leggat Pontiac Buick
Complimentary ‘HEAVY’ Classes:
BEST DISPLAYED HEAVY FLEET, sponsored by TEAM TRUCK CENTRES 1st Two Shoes Specialized
BEST LIGHT SHOW HEAVY FLEET, sponsored by KENWORTH CANADA 1st Laidlaw- Dump Division 2nd O’Rourke Transport
BEST LIGHT SHOW HEAVY SINGLE, sponsored by ROWE ELECTRIC 1st John Camposeo 2nd Larry Mullin Antique Classics and Cars
For more information visit the Fergus Truck Show Web site at www.fergustruckshow.com
Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry. All posts by Truck News