WINNIPEG, Man. -- Thirty-nine drivers competed at Peterbilt Manitoba on June 25, in hopes of being recognized as one of Manitoba's top professional commercial drivers. Drivers in five classes participated in three different tests (written test,...
WINNIPEG, Man. — Thirty-nine drivers competed at Peterbilt Manitoba on June 25, in hopes of being recognized as one of Manitoba’s top professional commercial drivers. Drivers in five classes participated in three different tests (written test, pre-trips/defects, and the track) throughout the day.
Winners from the 2011 event include:
– Straight truck: Chad Kitkowski (Canadian Freightways)
– Single-single: Brian Hrabarchuk (Con-Way Freight Canada)
– Single-tandem: John Klassen (W.M. Dyck & Sons)
– Tandem-tandem: Howard McAfee (H&T Trucking)
– Super B train: Ken Wiebe (EBD Enterprises)
These five drivers will represent Team Manitoba at the 2011 National Professional Truck Driving Championship, held this year in Calgary Sept. 8-11.
The event was capped off with the annual Driver Awards Banquet. All five winners from the driving championship were recognized for their efforts. Further awards presented include:
– First Time Entrant: Marc Cohen (Big Freight Systems)
– Team Award: TST Overland Express
– Grand Champion: Ken Wiebe (EBD Enterprises)
– Bjornson Memorial: Ken Wiebe (EBD Enterprises)
As well, the 2011 MTA-Volvo Trucks Canada Driver of the Year was awarded. This year’s recipient was William DeGroot of Arnold Bros. Transport. DeGroot was selected from among the six recipients of the 2010 MTA-Custom Truck Sales Industry Excellence Award.
Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry. All posts by Truck News