WINNIPEG—The Manitoba Trucking Association (MTA) recognized several industry leaders on Nov. 14 during its annual awards gala.
- The MTA Pioneer Club, which celebrates members currently in a managerial role who have been in the industry for over 25 years, gained two new members: Gary Arnold and Gerald Gardy, both from Arnold Bros. Transport.
- The MTA-Volvo Trucks Canada Manitoba Driver of the Year is Mark Tricco of Bison Transport. Tricco has 33 years of accident-free driving and his employer considers him the ultimate professional.
- The MTA Associate of the Year is Bert Wiebe of Marsh Canada, who has been with the association for over 20 years. He started off as a truck mechanic and branched off, spending many years on safety and compliance in the transportation sector.
- The MTA-RBC Royal Bank Service to Industry Award winner is Tom Payne Jr. of Payne Transportation. He’s been in the industry for over 30 years and has been involved with the MTA, the CTA, CetrePort Canada and the Winnipeg Airtports Authority.
- The MTA-SHAW Tracking Distinguished Member Award winner is Penner International, a third generation family company founded in 1923. Over the years, the Penner family has been active with Provincial and National Trucking associations.
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data