TORONTO, Ont. – Markel Insurance Company of Canada will hold its national conference May 31-June 1.
The event is aimed at senior fleet management who are responsible for safety and maintenance, driver training, operations, and logistics.
“From shipping rates and capacity to driver management, fleet leaders are constantly bombarded by new and ongoing challenges that affect their business,” says Mark Ram, president and CEO of Markel. “Our national fleet leadership conference enables fleet managers and key industry resources to gather as colleagues and share best practices.”
The conference will take place at the DoubleTree International Hotel, located at 655 Dixon Road (at Highway 27). Some key sessions include:
* How Six Sigma management methodology can transform a trucking business’ operations
* Improving employee performance using humour
* New legislation and their effects on cross-border trucking
* Using simulators as a driver recruitment, training and retention tool
Some confirmed speakers include:
* Linda Gauthier, Executive Director of the Canadian Trucking Human Resources Council
* Linda Hasenfratz, President and CEO, Linamar Corporation
* Murray Mullen, President and CEO, Mullen Transport
* Patsy Marshall, Professional Trainer, Train On Track
Group attendance rates and airfare discounts are available to attendees.
For information call (416) 364-7800 or visit www.markel.ca
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.