BOLTON, ON — The Region of Peel is implementing heavy-truck restrictions in downtown Bolton late this month.
Heavy trucks will be restricted on the following regional roads, beginning Nov. 30:
- Highway 50/Queen Street (Regional Road 50), from the Emil Kolb Parkway (Regional Road 150) to Healey Road
- King Street (Regional Road 9), from Coleraine Drive (Regional Road 150) to Albion Vaughan Road
Officials are recommending the following downtown bypass routes:
- Northbound – Mayfield Road to Coleraine Drive to Emil Kolb Parkway
- Southbound – Emil Kolb Parkway to Coleraine Drive to Mayfield Road
- Eastbound – Coleraine Drive to Mayfield Road to Albion Vaughan Road
- Westbound – Albion Vaughan Road to Mayfield Drive to Coleraine Drive
Coleraine Drive south of Mayfield Road is also truck restricted.
The reason for the restrictions, according to the region’s website, is at the King Street and Queen Street intersection in downtown Bolton, turning trucks often went over boulevards and sidewalks, due to a shortage of space, creating safety concerns for pedestrians.
The turn restrictions will remain in place to prevent local delivery vehicles from turning at King Street and Queen Street. However, local deliveries and collections trucks are not permitted to turn at the intersection but are exempt from heavy truck restrictions if the location cannot be reached by any other road and provided that the route taken is the shortest possible to and from the location on the truck restricted route, according to officials
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data