TORONTO, ON — One of the premier trucking events in Canada is just around the corner and time is running out to join in.
Nov. 4-5 at the Ritz Carlton marks the 89th annual Ontario Trucking Association (OTA) Executive Conference.
This year’s event will build on the successful theme of first-class networking, education and the entertaining awards dinner attended by senior trucking executives from across the province and Canada, according to the group.
This year’s lineup of conference speakers and entertainers includes:
- Michael Wekerle: “The Bad Boy of Bay Street”. Described as “Mick Jagger meets Warren Buffett,” Wekerle is a rock star in the world of Canadian finance, having made many fortunes investing in tech and media companies. Most recently, he founded the merchant banking firm Difference Capital. His entrepreneurial spirit, combined with his lavish lifestyle, celebrity friends and joie de vivre, have placed him uniquely at the top of both the society pages and the list of Canada’s top power players.
- Shaun Majumder: In a few short years, Shaun Majumder has blossomed into one of Canada’s top comedians. A cast member of This Hour Has 22 Minutes, Majumder provides viewers with a volatile mix of parody, sketch comedy, and scathing editorial commentary.
- Capt. David Marquet: Marquet served in the U.S. submarine force for 28 years. He is famous for turning his nuclear submarine crew, the USS Santa Fe, once ranked last in retention and operational standing, into the premier ship in the U.S. Navy. Capt. Marquet is the author of “Turn the Ship Around! A True Story of Turning Followers Into Leaders”. Fortune magazine called the book the “best how-to manual anywhere for managers on delegating, training, and driving flawless execution.” Marquet was named to the American Management Association’s “Leaders to Watch” list.
- Dr. Kimberley Amirault-Ryan: Kimberly was the first female performance consultant for the New York Rangers, the New York Knicks, the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the Edmonton Oilers where she currently works. Dr. Amirault-Ryan’s motivational ground-breaking work has received numerous awards including WXN Canada’s “Most Powerful Women Top 100 Award”; The Globe and Mail’s Top Power 50; Avenue magazine’s “Top 40 Under 40;” and the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity’s “Most Influential Canadian Women in Sport and Physical Activity Award.”
- Mark Bowden: Communications expert Mark Bowden explains how to use persuasive communication skills to set yourself apart, win trust, and generate profit. His trademark techniques are used by top leaders and political players around the world who want to gain an advantage – beyond words – when they speak. His client list includes leading business people, teams, and politicians – from presidents and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies to prime ministers of G8 powers. His bestselling body-language book, Winning Body Language, has been translated into five languages and sold around the world.
There is also the Thursday night Nov. 5 awards dinner ceremony, which OTA says “is becoming the go-to industry dinner of preference for trucking executives and highlights the best of our industry in unforgettable style.”
The evening kicks off with OTA’s famous five-star reception and is followed by a relaxing night of laughter with comedian Shaun Majumder.
There will also be special events for those who have taken part have called the Next Generation program.
OTA says it has created this exclusive forum and agenda for the future leaders of the industry and the association. Alongside both mentors and peers, participants in the Next Generation program can openly and casually discuss the issues that really matter to them.
There will also be the spousal program with Lynn Spence, Cityline’s stylist expert on fashion and décor as attendees will visit one of her favorite decorating stores in Toronto.
Included in the program:
- Transportation from/to the Ritz Carlton
- Light fare breakfast
- Holiday fashion show
- Floral/décor demonstrations
- Served lunch
- Private shopping time with20% discount on everything in the store
- One-on-one fashion/décor consultations
- Casual time with friends
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data