Truck News

News

U.S. holds off on CWB challenge

REGINA, Sask. -- The U.S. Department of Commerce has delayed an announcement regarding an investigation into the Ca...


REGINA, Sask. — The U.S. Department of Commerce has delayed an announcement regarding an investigation into the Canadian Wheat Board (CWB).

The North Dakota Wheat Commission has spearheaded the challenge, accusing the CWB of dumping and unfair pricing. Late last week the Department of Commerce said a decision on whether to pursue action against the CWB won’t be made until Oct. 23.

While CWB supporters insist that’s because there is no evidence of any wrong-doings, the U.S. group says it’s simply gathering more evidence. There have been nine challenges launched against the CWB, each of them unsuccessful.


Truck News

Truck News

Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry.
All posts by

Print this page
Related Articles
TruckNews
TodaysTrucking


Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*