CASTLEGAR, B.C. – Mountain Transport Institute (MTI) says its surveys indicate its driver graduates are finding good jobs with excellent fleets.
MTI offers the Canadian Trucking Human Resources Council’s Earning Your Wheels program out of Castlegar and Langley, B.C.
The training institution prepares drivers to operate safely in the mountains and prepares students for a career in trucking.
While many schools simply allow students to obtain a Class 1, MTI says the Earning Your Wheels program prepares students to step into a career in trucking immediately following graduation.
A recent graduate survey showed that 100 per cent of respondents were employed full-time in the trucking industry, MTI reports.
“The results are very gratifying as our students have been successful in gaining employment in the industry and have maintained their employment over extended time frames (up to two and a half years in some cases),” says MTI owner, Andy Roberts.
“The results prove that by preparing our students properly for employment they are not surprised by the trucking lifestyle and are fully prepared to stay in the industry.”
The survey also showed 75 per cent of respondents were happy with their driving career and employer while the other 25 per cent were “somewhat happy.”
“These results demonstrate that students who are properly trained, particularly through the Earning Your Wheels program, are able to get good jobs with the best employers,” Roberts said.
Other results showed 98 per cent of graduates rated MTI’s quality of instruction as “high” and 78 per cent said MTI’s level of training made them very confident.For more information about MTI, call 877-965-3748 or visit www.drivemti.com.
Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry. All posts by Truck News