Truck News

Feature

Overpass blame falls on previous gov’t: Grit MNA

LAVAL, Que. - Two former top Bloc members must be held at least partially responsible for the collapse of a Laval overpass that claimed the life of one man last summer, says Liberal MNA Thomas Mulcair...


LAVAL, Que. – Two former top Bloc members must be held at least partially responsible for the collapse of a Laval overpass that claimed the life of one man last summer, says Liberal MNA Thomas Mulcair.

He points the finger directly at former Premier Lucien Bouchard and former labor minister Diane Lemieux. Mulcair, who represents Chomedey riding where the collapse occurred, says the two joined the Labour Department in letting an unlicensed construction firm handle the Souvenir Blvd. overpass over Hwy. 15. The accident killed Gilbert Vinson of Morin Heights. Beaver Asphalt’s construction licence was not renewed by the Regie du Batiment on Feb. 17 of last year and the construction company filed for bankruptcy a few days later – $32 million in debt. n


Truck News

Truck News

Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry.
All posts by

Print this page


Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*