WINNIPEG, Man. – The Manitoba Trucking Association (MTA) held its annual Fall Awards Gala Nov. 4 in Winnipeg, honoring several industry professionals for their stellar track record and accomplishments in 2016.
“Tonight we celebrated the great accomplishments of some of our members as well as the achievements of our industry as a whole,” said Terry Shaw, executive director of the MTA. “It’s an exciting time for our industry and I look forward to the future alongside our members.”
The evening’s winners were:
– RBC Service to Industry Award – Greg Arndt of Jade Transport
– Shaw Tracking Distinguished Member Award – EBD Enterprises
– Payne Transportation LP Associate of the Year – Lori Cumming of Manitoba Public Insurance
– 2016 Manitoba Driver of the Year, sponsored by Volvo Trucks Canada – Roger Maltman of Bison Transport
– Manitoba Trucking Association Pioneers Award – Rob Penner (Bison Transport), Omer Desjardins (Custom Truck Sales), Darrell Wonnick (Professional Transport Driver Training School Ltd.)
Roger Maltman, far right, of Bison Transport wins 2016 Driver of the Year at MTA Fall Awards Gala Nov. 4 in Winnipeg.