OMAHA, Neb. – Trace Technologies, LLC has unveiled the TRACE asset tag, a new asset tracking system which combines advanced GPS, wireless and Internet together into one integrated product.
Trace says the system will include the following features:
– Improved accuracy using SnapTrack TM wireless assisted GPS
– Large coverage area (92 per cent of the U.S. population) using ReFLEX networks
– High precision location in autonomous mode
– Indoor/outdoor/urban canyon functionality
– Long battery life (up to one year in deep sleep, two weeks in typical operation)
– Support for built-in motion detector
– Geo-fencing capabilities
– Person-portable, pager-sized devices
The system has a number of different applications including asset security, first-responders, roadside assistance, medical emergencies, mobile commerce, games and entertainment.
The product will be available for delivery in June.
Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry. All posts by Truck News