QUEBEC CITY, Que. — Transport Quebec has revised its rules for tankers carrying dangerous goods.
The revised article 40 rules, adopted by the Quebec government May 25 and published in the Quebec Gazette June 8, will come into effect June 23. They are summarized by the Private Motor Carrier Council of Canada, as follows:
* As of 23 June 2005 all TDG tankers in Quebec must have a system to limit maximum speed to 100 km/h.
* As of 15 August 2006 all TDG tankers in Quebec must comply with at least one of the following items:
* An onboard recorder system (black box) that records speed versus date/time to monitor driver behavior.
* An electronic stability system to assist the driver when critical manoeuvres are attempted.
* Exception for vehicles assembled before 15 August 2006: a system to limit maximum speed to 100 km/h is sufficient to comply.
Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry. All posts by Truck News