GREENVILLE, S.C.— Michelin is going into this year’s holiday season with yet another transportation appreciation campaign called #KeepThanksMoving.
The social and digital media initiative celebrates millions of transportation industry heroes who work tirelessly behind the scenes to keep the holidays moving forward.
As part of the campaign, Michelin encourages people everywhere to share their appreciation either by Twitter via the hashtag #KeepThanksMoving and or by posting on the MichelinUSA Facebook page, in order to recognize an outstanding individual’s service and dedication to delivering holiday happiness.
“Michelin applauds the commitment of individuals in the transportation industry in the air, on our roads, and across the farms and fields of America who deliver when it matters most,” said Ralph Dimenna, chief operating officer of Michelin Americas Truck Tires. “These unsung heroes enable us to travel home, transport our food and gifts, and keep our economy moving, not to mention the millions of miles driven by shoppers and travelers during the holidays and throughout the year.”
Michelin said that heroes in the transportation industry include:
– Airport workers, who will enable more than 27 million people to fly on US airlines over a 12-day period around Thanksgiving 2016 alone.
– Truck drivers, numbering more than 3.6 million, who will transport nearly 70 percent of all the freight tonnage in the US this holiday season.
– Farmers, each of whom supplies food for 144 people in the US and abroad each year.
– Miners who extract nearly 100 different kinds of minerals from the earth and provide the raw materials for heat, electricity, roads and bridges, and countless consumer products.
– Parcel delivery workers, who will deliver nearly 20 billion of packages, letters and gifts during the 2016 holiday season.
– Snow plow drivers who enable drivers to get to their destinations safely during inclement weather events.
– Construction workers who provide our buildings, roads and infrastructure
As part of the campaign, each week, beginning Nov. 17 through Dec. 31, 2016, Michelin will recognize individuals in the transportation and travel industries, who demonstrate outstanding commitment to keep the holidays moving by the posts received on its social media channels mentioned above. Michelin will randomly select seven individuals, who are honored as holiday heroes via social media posts. Each person will receive a limited edition Michelin themed gourmet gift box from Try the World, an online gourmet store.