LOUISVILLE, KY – Industry-wide image and education initiative, Trucking Moves America Forward (TMAF) has reached its goal of raising $1-million since its inception last March at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Kentucky.
“We have achieved great strides during our first year of the movement, and we are grateful for everyone who has contributed to TMAF through both financial and in-kind support,” said Kevin Burch, co-chairman of TMAF, president of Ohio-based Jet Express and second vice chairman of American Trucking Associations.
More than 100 trucking companies, allied members and individuals contributed to Trucking Moves America Forward, which aims to inform policy makers, motorists and the public about the benefits of the trucking industry to help build support, strengthen and grow the industry.
In 2014, TMAF achieved:
- over 140 donors;
- more than $4-million of in-kind donations through advertising, sponsorships, trade shows, printing and more;
- sponsorship on the Love’s Travel Stops and Pilot Flying J NASCAR race cars;
- 3,000 website subscribers;
- 25,400 YouTube views;
- 2,330 Facebook likes;
- 890 Twitter followers.
For 2015, TMAF’s goals are to:
- continue fundraising;
- activate and engage the trucking industry by providing marketing and public relations tools;
- support federal and state advocacy efforts focused on highway funding, highway infrastructure and improving the operational environment;
- continue to develop strategies for public messages by using research measurements;
- continue to build pride within the trucking industry and to make trucking an attractive career.
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data