Team Manitoba named during MTA banquet
WINNIPEG, Man. – Five drivers finished first in their respective divisions at the Manitoba Trucking Association’s (MTA) 2016 Manitoba Professional Truck Driving Championships June 18 at Peterbilt Manitoba.
Each of the drivers and their companies will represent the province at the National Truck Driving Championship Sept. 15-18 in Brantford, Ont.
The following drivers will make up Team Manitoba:
– Straight Truck: Bruce McKechnie, Bison Transport
– Single-Single: Brian Hrabarchuk, Canadian Freightways
– Single-Tandem: Greg Muzychka, Canadian Freightways
– Tandem-Tandem: Denis Roberts, TST Overland Express
– Super B Train: Murray Manuliak, Bison Transport
The team was announced during the Professional Truck Driving Championships Banquet, where the winners of the MTA-Custom Truck Sales Inc./Kenworth Truck Company Industry Excellence Award were also announced. Recipients included Don Ens of Gardewine; Henry Janzen of Bison Transport; Juliusz Przywara of Bison Transport; Marc Cohen of Big Freight Systems; Murray Manuliak of Bison Transport; Peter Nassau of Big Freight Systems; Richard Reimer of Arnold Bros.; Robert Ready of TransX; Roger Maltman of Bison Transport; and Wesley Pauls Kindersley Transport.
Other awards winners were:
– J.O. Dutton Award: Ken Wiebe, E.B.D Enterprises
– First Time Entrant: Prabhjot Randhawa, Bison Transport
– Team Award: Canadian Freightways
– Bjornson Memorial: Brian Hrabarchuk, Canadian Freightways
– Grand Champion: Denis Roberts, TST Overland Express
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.