Bridgestone offers two new Bandag retreads, rounding out a trio of patterns designed to balance dependable performance and affordability. The DR 5.3 and DR 4.3 retreads for drive axles help deliver longevity and long-term value without a premium price tag, the company says. They’re available now.
The new treads follow the TR 4.1 trailer pattern introduced late last year
The Bandag DR 5.3 closed-shoulder drive pattern for over-the-road applications is said to feature:
* Robust, solid shoulder for long tread life and uniform wear.
* Aggressive lug pattern for strong traction.
* Stone rejecters to help prevent stone drilling.
* Proprietary compound that contributes to durability and wear life.
The Bandag DR 4.3 open-shoulder drive pattern for a variety of on- and mild off-road applications also features:
* Wide center rib for stability and even wear.
* Open shoulder that provides strong evacuation and traction in adverse weather conditions, along with a strong grip for chains.
Like the TR 4.1 trailer tread pattern, the DR 5.3 and DR 4.3 retreads accommodate common casing sizes used in truckload, LTL and P&D services.
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.