LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Buyers of the new Volvo VT 880 get Platinum Coverage — a special package of services and support exclusive to VT 880 owners, company officials announced at the Mid-America Trucking Show.
The package (an introductory offer applying to Model Year 2006 Volvo VT 880s with D16 engines only) includes: the longest basic warranty in the industry, as well as other extended warranties; enhanced dealer support; free services from Volvo; and special programs for the Volvo D16 engine.
“Volvo wanted to demonstrate its confidence in the new Volvo VT 880 and D16 to owner operators,” said Matt Kelly, executive director – Marketing. “These customers and their businesses are absolutely dependent on reliable and productive trucks. Since Volvo is entering the premium owner-operator market for the first time, we wanted to show our commitment and dedication to these customers as strongly as possible.
“Platinum Coverage was developed based on our research with owner/operators. These are the things they told us they wanted and needed to go along with their truck. No other ownership package in the industry does as much for the owner/operator as Volvo’s Platinum Coverage does. We want owner operators to succeed and we want them to become advocates for Volvo.”
Platinum Coverage, provided with the 2006 Model Volvo VT 880, provides three years/600,000 miles or 10,800 operating hours, whichever comes first. Other warranty coverage for the Volvo VT 880 includes:
* Cab structure: six years/1,000,000 miles
* Frame rail and crossmembers: six years/750,000 miles
* Internal cab corrosion: 8 years/1,000,000 miles
The Volvo D16 engine, when installed in the Volvo VT 880, is also covered for three years/600,000 miles/10,800 operating hours. The Cummins ISX, which is also available for the Volvo VT 880, is covered for three years/300,000 miles.
Platinum Coverage also includes a towing allowance for the Volvo VT 880 for two years or 250,000 miles, with up to US$450 towing coverage per incidence for failures covered under warranty. In addition to outstanding warranties, Volvo put its technical resources behind its customers. Volvo VT 880 customers will have a dedicated toll-free hotline with direct access to Volvo Action Service (VAS), Volvo’s 24/7-customer support service. Volvo VT 880 customers are automatically identified as priority customers. In the event of a breakdown involving a Volvo VT 880, VAS will work with the customer to manage the incident and arrange for service, including towing, if necessary. There is no charge to Volvo VT 880 customers for using Volvo Action Service for the life of the warranty.
An essential feature of Volvo’s Platinum Coverage is the support Volvo is providing to its dealers, so they can provide the premium level of service demanded by these customers, said company officials. Every Volvo dealer has access to the following resources to keep their customers up and running:
* Swing engines – Volvo will have replacement D16 engines available on short notice to minimize downtime in cases where a truck might otherwise be off the road for an extended period.
* Remote diagnostics – Volvo’s computer technology will put the dealership’s technicians in direct contact with Volvo’s expert technical support, allowing Volvo to monitor engine performance and assist the dealership in diagnosing and troubleshooting the vehicle.
* “Engine Flyer” assistance – Volvo will provide dealers with a dedicated team of technicians to help with any and all warranty repairs. If necessary, Volvo will dispatch technicians to the dealership where the truck is located.
For information visit www.volvotrucks.us.com
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.