EDMONTON, AB — There are 3,500 pieces of equipment up for grabs at Ritchie Bros. first Canadian auction of 2014, which will take place in Edmonton on Feb. 26 and 27.
“We’re really looking forward to our first Edmonton auction of 2014 and offering one of the largest selections of oilfield hauling equipment we’ve ever seen in Western Canada,” said Jim Rotlisberger, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.
More than 3,500 equipment items and trucks will be sold in the unreserved public auction, including over 60 oilfield floats, more than 55 truck tractors, over 45 winch tractors, over 40 compactors, 30 excavators, over 25 bed trucks and more.
“With oil production holding steady and gas prices creeping up, many companies are starting to get busier and looking to upgrade their fleets with new equipment, which has resulted in a wealth of gear coming to our auction. It will all be sold completely unreserved, with no reserve prices or minimum bids. Bidders can buy a piece of equipment, pay for it and put it to work the next day.”
Bids can be made in the auction in person at the auction site, live and online at www.rbauction.com and by proxy.
Equipment highlights include:
• 14 Kenworth C500B winch tractors
• Four 2011 Hitachi ZX250LC-5 hydraulic excavators
• Three Foremost Commander C articulated 6×6 off highway bed trucks
• Two 2011 Hitachi ZX290LC-5 hydraulic excavators
• Two 2007 Western Star 6900XD 8×8 bed trucks
• Two 2008 Caterpillar 14M VHP plus motor graders
• An unused 2014 Kenworth T800 T/A tri-drive w/ Manitex 4596T 45-ton boom truck
• A 2012 Terex TA400 6×6 articulated dump truck
• A 2012 Cedarapids MVP380 portable cone crusher
So far, equipment in the auction will be sold for over 425 sellers, including a complete dispersal of oilfield hauling equipment for Red Deer, AB-based Sawyer Oilfield Hauling Ltd.
“All of our equipment was purchased new, is well-maintained and ready to get right back on the road with a new company,” said Boyd Sawyer, president of Sawyer and Oilfield Hauling Ltd. “I came to Ritchie Bros. to sell my equipment because I’ve always enjoyed attending their auctions… It’s a gathering place for people in our industry.”
Equipment will continue to be added to the Edmonton auction right through the day of the sale. Anyone interested in selling their equipment or trucks in the auction should contact the Edmonton site at 780 955 2486.
There are currently 129 upcoming auctions listed on the Ritchie Bros. calendar, including over 85 auctions in Canada. Contact each auction site directly to sell your equipment:
• Montreal, QC: March 18 – 19, 2014 (450 464 2888)
• Toronto, ON: March 20, 2014 (905 857 2422)
• Saskatoon, SK: March 25, 2014 (306 933 9333)
• Chilliwack, BC: March 26, 2014 (604 823 2700)
• Grande Prairie, AB: April 9 – 10, 2014 (780 538 1100)
• Truro, NS: April 10, 2014 (902 895 3700)
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.