LANGLEY, BC — Scott Porritt is a husband, father of three, on call member of the Fire Department, and as of June 9, Driver of the Year.
Porritt was given the Driver of the Year award at the 99th British Columbia Trucking Association (BCTA) Annual Management Conference in Whistler for his 27 years of spotless driving.
The annual award is sponsored by Volvo and BCTA.
Porritt began his professional driving career at 21, and has since maintained a clean driving record with no accidents, moving violations or preventable injuries.
“I know that TMS Transportation regards Scott very highly for his professionalism, commitment to safety and positive representation of their company and our industry,” said Louise Yako, BCTA’s president and CEO.
Porritt has been working with his current employer, TMS Transportation Ltd. for the past 20 years, and is now the senior driver for TMS where he provides training for new employees.
The presentation of the Driver of the Year award was only one event at the weekend long conference held at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort.
New Year, New Board
The BCTA elected a new Board of Directors for 2012-2013 over breakfast on June 9:
- Chairperson: Greg Munden, Munden Ventures, Kamloops
- Past Chairperson: Murray Scadeng, Triton Transport, Langley
- First Vice Chairperson: Kevin Johnson, Coastal Pacific Xpress, Surrey
- Second Vice Chairperson: Trevor Sawkins, Coldstar Freight Systems, Victoria
- Secretary/Treasurer: Gerry Cullen, Western Star & Sterling Trucks of Vancouver, Surrey
- Associate Division Chairperson: Michael Bennett, HUB International Insurance Brokers, Burnaby
- Alternate: Ken Johnson, Ken Johnson Trucking, Langley
- Alternate: Greg Rogge, Clark Freightways, Coquitlam
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data